Some Spider Studios is a fast growing, digital, fan-centric media startup backed by leading VC's and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara from Diapers.com (sold to Amazon for $545mm). We’re home to Scary Mommy (largest mom brand online with over 15 million followers, 1B monthly impressions and more engagements than the next 10 family brands combined) and The Dad (largest dad brand online with 5 million followers and several hundred monthly impressions), as we seek to revolutionize the digital landscape for the 170 million parents in the country across media, commerce, and community.
The Director of Marketing will drive substantial and efficient growth for both Scary Mommy and The Dad. Strategy and execution should contemplate full funnel marketing from acquiring tens of millions of social followers to 2+ million email/registrations to hundreds of thousands of purchasers to a few thousand ambassadors. Each of these strategies should be designed to compliment the other, with the user often converting from one to the other.
- Social strategy should focus on substantially scaling engaged Instagram followers (e.g., through Influencer marketing, paid shares, paid promotion on IG itself and other innovative programs)
- Registration strategy should focus on free sign-ups to the forthcoming launch of community oriented Scary Mommy and The Dad clubs with multiple content, commerce and event benefits (e.g., the launch of new Ambassador programs to spread the word, potential gating of on-site content that incentivizes sign ups, co-registrations with partners and acquisition of targeted high value lists, etc.)
- Lower funnel strategy should be designed to drive purchases of product and content from the Scary Mommy and The Dad shops; Hyper-efficient paid FB and search marketing will be important, although here, we will want a more than typical focus on affiliate/community marketing (not just traditional deal and coupon sites, but also dozens of large publishers and hundreds of small bloggers in the space) and referral program marketing
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and deep dives on performance across platforms.
- 3+ years’ experience in digital marketing
- Strong background in email and registration marketing
- Strong familiarity with affiliate marketing, referral programs and influencer marketing
- Experience with (or strong interest in) Ambassador Programs to drive growth
- Experience optimizing and testing ad formats and campaigns across paid social and search
- Strong analytical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Very strong communication and team-working skills
We value creativity, analytical rigor, crazy initiative, humor and kindness. We work hard because we love what we do. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, challenging work, a passionate team that cares, and the chance to turn this industry on its head. And we’re excited to hear from you!