@Some Spider – fast-growing digital media start-up
New York City (Flatiron)
Led by a team that includes the former co-founder of Diapers.com (sold to Amazon), the head of digital at The New York Times and the Entertainment Industry Manager at Facebook, Some Spider is a profitable NYC-based digital media & entertainment company backed by Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara.
We’re home to two channels built for mobile and social: Scary Mommy (the biggest parenting property in the country, reaching over 100 million people each month), and CAFE (2016's breakout news and humor brand, reaching over 60 million people each month). And we plan to launch more.
Fresh off our Series A funding round, we are now accelerating hiring and looking for an exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build the very best team and culture on the planet. This role will report into our Director of Finance & Administration and be integral in keeping our office functioning smoothly on a daily basis!
- Serving as the VP of First Impressions for the office (greeting, directing, and assisting visitors)
- Coordinating incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and deliveries
- Maintaining office records/expenses, including receipts of all office expenses
- Stocking and distributing office supplies/snacks/drinks
- Making photocopies, sending faxes, shredding documents
- Scheduling meetings and appointments/managing conference room calendars
- Coordinating employee travel
- Assisting with staff onboarding process (setting up equipment, ordering business cards, distributing badges & keys, etc)
- Coordinating the maintenance of office equipment
- Working with the People Ops Manager to refine and administer office policies and procedures
- Maintaining general office tidiness
- Providing basic IT support to staff (troubleshooting printer problems, etc)
- Running errands and performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Superior organizational skills
- Team player
- Outstanding writing, editing, data entry, and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects are essential.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year of work experience, internships accepted