Scary Mommy - Largest Parenting Brand In America
New York City (Flatiron)
Are you looking to produce amazing stories about life as a parent and have your work seen by millions? Need a flex schedule that allows you to juggle work and kids? Childcare benefits? Generous maternity leave? Trust us: It's really fun to work for a company you love!
About Scary Mommy
Led by Chief Content Officer and NY Times best-selling author, Jill Smokler, Scary Mommy produces the most shared parenting content on the planet (for real). It’s part of Some Spider Inc, a fast growing media & entertainment start-up with offices in New York and LA.
Led by a team that includes the former co-founder of Diapers.com (sold to Amazon), the head of digital at The New York Times, and the Entertainment Industry Manager at Facebook, Some Spider is backed by Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara, founders of Diapers.com.
We’re home to two channels built for mobile and social: Scary Mommy (the biggest parenting property in the country, reaching over 100 million people each month), and CAFE (2016's breakout news and humor brand, reaching over 80 million people each month). And we plan to launch more.
* Collaborate with other Writers/Directors to ideate on concepts to pitch to advertisers and major video distributors
* Oversee creative direction of videos from concept to final cut
* Invent new video storytelling techniques optimized for mobile and social media
* 5+ years’ experience writing, producing and/or directing branded content
* Experience directing talent and crew on-set and managing post-production to final cut desired
* Keen sense of humor. Ideally a comedy background. UCB or other improv experience a HUGE PLUS
* Degree in Film/TV or related field also a plus
We value creativity, analytical rigor, crazy initiative, humor and kindness. We work hard because we love what we do. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, challenging work, a passionate team that cares, and the chance to turn this industry on its head. And we’re excited to hear from you!
Email resumes to: email@example.com